where we serve
You can change the life of a child! CCAI is an international adoption agency with 30+ years of experience in finding loving families for orphaned children around the world. We offer international adoption programs in Bulgaria, China, Colombia, Taiwan, and Ukraine. In addition, we can help you with Domestic adoption services.
Attend an International
Request an Information Packet
Join our Adoption Information Zoom Meeting on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm MST. Our team of international adoption experts, including co-Founder Joshua Zhong, will provide an informative presentation on each of CCAI’s programs. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask your questions and move one step closer to finding the right agency for your family.
Choosing the right international adoption agency and program for your family can be a frustrating and overwhelming process! If you would like an emailed copy of our in-depth information packet about any of our programs to read through at your own pace, just let us know. As always, we’re just one call away no matter where you are in the process.
Home Study Services
As a Hague-accredited child placement agency licensed in the states of Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Texas and Wyoming (as well as China and southeast Asia), CCAI offers complete international and domestic home study services to adoptive families residing in these states, regardless of whether you use CCAI as your placing agency or you are working with another placing agency to adopt through another program.
Parent training helps prospective adoptive parents consider the emotional, ethical, financial, and legal implications of adopting a child.
Not only will you learn how to prepare for the arrival of a new child into your home, but you will consider the emotional, physical, and medical issues that come with that transition.
- CCAI has developed a curriculum to help prospective adoptive parents be prepared to meet the known and unknown needs of their adoptive child
- Our curriculum is designed to equip prospective adoptive parents with the tools they will need to effectively parent their child through their initial transition into their family and throughout the years to come
- We help to provide prospective adoptive parents, both in Colorado and throughout the US, with knowledge and resources to parent a child adopted domestically or internationally
Even if you’re already an experienced parent or an experienced adoptive parent, this training will help you to better understand what your new child has been through and how to best integrate them into your family.
Additionally, parent training is an adoption requirement for the State of Colorado and The Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption. The goal is to prepare prospective adoptive families as much as possible for the adoption of a child domestically or internationally, including the preparation for an older child. CCAI offers both live face-to-face via Zoom and online training for families throughout the US.
For prospective families who reside in Colorado:
- CCAI provides face-to-face parent training on specific topics as required by the State of Colorado for both domestic and intercountry adoptions
- CCAI’s face-to-face parent training meets the requirements of the State of Colorado and the Hague Convention for intercountry adoptions
For prospective adoptive families who reside outside of Colorado:
- CCAI’s online parent training meets the requirements of the Hague Convention for intercountry adoptions
- CCAI provides three required face-to-face training classes via Zoom for all families adopting internationally
- Additional face-to-face training classes through CCAI are available via Zoom
Preparation for what to expect regarding:
- Bonding and Attachment
- Grief and Loss
- Talking to Your Child about Adoption
- Being a Multi-Cultural Family
- Adopting a Special Needs Child
- Adopting an Older Child
- Unknown Child History (including social and medical information)
- Adopting from Specific Country
- Country-Specific Culture
The live, face-to-face parent training allows prospective adoptive families the opportunity to:
- Connect with other families who are also going through the adoption process
- Connect with the parent training expert for additional resources and support in preparation for adoption
CCAI parent trainers are professional experts in the field of adoption. In addition, most also have personal experience with adoption, either having been adopted or have adopted one or more children. They are all very knowledgeable and experienced in adoption, attachment, and trauma and are committed to preparing prospective adoptive families for their adoption journeys.
Help Me Adopt
Your hopes are our purpose! Knowing that the cost of international adoption is a barrier to many families, CCAI works hard to keep our agency costs as low as possible. In order to ensure that adoption if available to as many families as possible, we keep costs simple and strait forward. In addition to keeping our costs low, we are happy to support your efforts in fundraising for your adoption.