The Park Adoption Community Center exists to cultivate an open and nurturing dialogue around adoption to help the adoption community connect, build, and flourish. As it stands, The Park combines CCAI’s existing post-adoption support programming of Adopteen (youth programs for adoptees, ages 13+), AdopTween (youth programs for adoptees, ages 9-12), Xpress Yourself (therapeutic programming for adoptees, ages 7-12), Joyous Chinese Cultural School (cultural programming for ages 3-18), Connected Parent (parenting support programming), MyTaproot (birth relative search services), and Heritage Tours with exciting new community engagement opportunities such as parent book clubs, community support groups, educational workshops, and travel coordination in the hopes of being a comprehensive resource center for all who have been touched by adoption.
Location: Centennial, CO
Job Title: Program Assistant
Supervised By: Director of Operations
Start Date: Immediate
Company Information: CCAI Adoption Services, a nonprofit organization, has been working in the interest of abandoned Chinese children since 1992, and has since expanded their mission beyond China. More than 12,000 children have been placed through CCAI’s adoption programs and tens of thousands more have been reached through the Children’s Charity Fund, providing food, clothing, medical care, education, training and foster care for those children still waiting in orphanages. Additionally, CCAI fosters a legacy of support throughout the adoption journey with post-adoption resources manifested in The Park Adoption Community Center, creating a support community that extends far beyond adoption.
Job Summary: This part-time position is 20-25 hours per week, Monday – Friday. The Park Adoption Community Center is looking for a passionate, highly-organized, and highly-motivated Program Assistant to join our team. This is a part-time position working closely with all staff members, volunteers, and patrons at The Park. The Program Assistant will assist programming staff with event preparation, communication coordination, and procurement of materials to ensure all programs run smoothly and that patrons are receiving quality support. Successful applicants will be detail-oriented, organized, and comfortable communicating with the community through email, phone, and in person. Individual should be highly motivated, self-directed with excellent organization and time management skills, as well as a strong advocate for the growth and cultivation of the adoption community.
- High School Diploma required
- Personal connection to adoption (adoptee, adoptive relative, etc) strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in computer use: familiar with Microsoft suite, Google Drive – experience with databases and WordPress preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong knowledge and connection to the adoption community and strong belief and passion for adoption and adoptive families
- Serve as first point-of-contact for all patrons and vendors
- Manage The Park calendar
- Originate and oversee all administrative processes
- Collect and maintain documents for all The Park programming
- Maintain and organize The Park program inventory
- Collect and deposit fees for all The Park programming
- Setup and takedown of all The Park events
- Assist in maintaining order and cleanliness of all The Park facilities including classrooms, bathrooms, storage rooms, and community areas as needed
- Ship and maintain inventory for The Park shop
- Assist as needed for The Park events and programs
- Act as supervisor as needed for The Park volunteers
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter addressing the specific requirements of the position to Amy Zhong at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: “[Last Name] Program Assistant Application.”