CCAI is proud to announce that in Fall 2018, we will unveil a brand new and first of its kind adoption community center. This center combines CCAI’s current post-adoption programming of Adopteen, Joyous Chinese Cultural Center, MyTaproot, and Heritage Tours all under one roof, while also creating an expansive and ambitious slate of brand new programming for the entire adoption community.
With a new adoption community center comes a new job opportunity!
Location: Centennial, CO
Job Title: Adoption Community Center Programming Coordinator
Supervised By: Community Center Development Manager
Type: Full time
Start Date: Immediate
Company Information: CCAI Adoption Services, a nonprofit organization, has been working in the interest of abandoned Chinese children since 1992, and has since expanded our mission to other parts of the world as well. More than 12,000 children have been placed through our adoption programs and tens of thousands more have been reached through the Children’s Charity Fund, providing food, clothing, medical care, education, training and foster care for those children still waiting in orphanages. Additionally, CCAI fosters a legacy of support throughout the adoption journey with post-adoption resources provided through Heritage Tours, Joyous Chinese Cultural Center, and Adopteen, creating an adoptee community that extends far beyond adoption.
Job Description: This is a full-time position working mainly in non-cultural programming at the adoption community center for the adoption community at large. This position will work closely with the Development Manager and Director to develop and implement new programming and curriculum at the center for adoptees, adoptive parents, friends, and the local community, and will be responsible for ensuring that all events at the center run smoothly. This position should be very comfortable communicating with and leading individuals of all ages, both individually and in large groups, as this position will be the face and emcee of the center at the majority of non-cultural events. This individual should be highly motivated, self-directed with excellent organization and time management skills. This position is best suited for an adoptee or adoptive relative who has extensive knowledge of the current adoption conversation landscape, as well as a strong belief in and desire to advocate for the growth and cultivation of the adoption community.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Personal connection to adoption (adoptee, adoptive relative, etc) strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Skilled in professional communication in the office setting, and ability to communicate effectively with parents and adoptees of all ages
- Proficient in computer use: Familiar with Microsoft suite, Google Drive – experience with databases preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong leadership skills; comfortable and capable overseeing a team and providing direction
- Strong knowledge and connection to the national adoption community and strong belief and passion for adoption and adoptive families
- Must be willing and able to work a non-traditional work schedule: fulfillment of Program Coordinator responsibilities will require working often on weekends and nights, and occasional travel
- Together with Development Manager, develop and implement curriculum for non-cultural community center programming and events
- Act as the on-the-ground leader and emcee of all non-cultural community center programming and events
- Oversee daily operations of non-cultural programming and events
- Seek out and maintain relationships with volunteers, interns, and contracted staff to assist in execution of programming
- Procurement of curriculum and programming materials
- Act as supervisor of all non-cultural volunteers, interns, and contracted staff, including obtaining payroll and HR information for various contractors and fulfilling volunteer verification and clearance requirements if needed
- Assist the Development Manager with fundraising and grant writing as needed
This is an exempt, full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, paid holidays, and 401K. Salary is non-negotiable and job cannot be done remotely.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter addressing the specific requirements of the position to Adam Alberti-Powell at email@example.com with subject title Program Coordinator Application.