Joyous Chinese Cultural Center
Location: Centennial, CO
Job Title: JCCC Director’s Assistant
Type: Full time
Start Date: Immediate
Company Information: Joyous Chinese Cultural Center (JCCC) is a division of CCAI who has been working in the interest of abandoned Chinese children since 1992. More than 12,000 children have been placed through our adoption programs and tens of thousands more have been reached through the Children’s Charity Fund, providing food, clothing, medical care, education, training and foster care for those left in orphanages. Here in Colorado, our JCCC is the only school of its kind in the country ensuring that adopted Chinese children will have a link to their heritage.
Job Description: To provide administrative support to JCCC’s Director in all JCCC programs and activities. This is a job for someone who has the ability to manage a diverse variety of programs and multitask efficiently. Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese and excellent communication skills in English are a must. We are looking for someone who loves working in a fast-paced team environment and has a passion for helping and teaching children.
- B.A. in Education, Business, Chinese or equivalent
- Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese
- Understanding of Chinese culture
- Familiarity with cross-cultural adoption issues
- Microsoft Office skills
- Personal commitment to and love for children and families
- Willingness to perform tasks on a variety of levels and to be a team-player
- Strength in organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate parents, teachers, and kids
- Ability to read/write Chinese
- Ability to create new content for cultural lesson plans
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency in Windows Live Movie Maker or similar programs
- Knowledge of and/or experience in grant writing
- Teach JCCC language classes, field trips and cultural programs.
- Assist the JCCC Director with JCCC Newsletters and other written materials.
- Be the JCCC Volunteer Coordinator for teens and adults volunteers.
- Assist the JCCC Director with answering phones, emails, JCCC Program Registrations, and Gift Shop sales as needed.
- Assist the JCCC Director in planning and implementing special JCCC events such as our Chinese New Year Celebration, Chinese Cultural Clubs, School Field Trips, Summer Camps, Annual Holiday Sales, Fundraising, Dragon Boat Festival Performances and other events as needed.
- Manage the JCCC/China Charm Gift Shop, from stocking through selling.
- Plan, organize, and manage promotions for JCCC programs to the community at large.
- Assist JCCC staff in maintaining the order and cleanliness of the JCCC facilities including the classrooms, bathrooms, storerooms, and commonly use areas, as needed.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.