If you’ve been wondering what our youth programs have been up to this summer, boy are we glad you asked! Check out Adopteen’s August newsletter for some awesome photos and event recaps of their Camp-Conferences and service trips back to China!
WE DID IT! YOU DID IT!!
With your passionate giving, we received an incredible $29,600+ in donations from #ColoradoGivesDay alone, beating last year’s numbers by over $10,000!!!
Thank you, from the bottom of our overwhelmed hearts, for choosing CCAI as one of your charities to support. In this season of giving, we know how tight money can be. Words cannot express our gratitude for such an amazing turn out!
Please continue sharing your CCAI stories with friends and family. As the year wraps up, we hope 2017 continues to shatter records in our passionate mission to support our families and the children still waiting for their own forever families.
Today is the day!
Colorado Gives Day has arrived! No matter where you are in the world, you can participate in Colorado Gives Day and make your donation go further.
We would be honored if you would keep CCAI in mind when making donations through Colorado Gives, today. In our 25 years of service, CCAI has strived to provide a legacy of vital and unique support for orphanages, children, and families in our adoption community and beyond. This has been possible solely due to the generosity and passion of our donors.
Colorado Gives Day is a day that gives back to all the non-profits in Colorado. Every dollar you give goes further on Colorado Gives Day. For every donation, First Bank matches 10 percent up to $1 million!
Last year, you helped us raise an incredible $15,105 on Colorado Gives Day! Visit https://www.coloradogives.org/index.php?section=organizations&action=newDonation&fwID=27901 today and help us make an even bigger impact this year!
So, invite your friends, invite your family, invite that stranger you met at the grocery store…invite everyone! With a little help from our friends, thousands of children’s lives will be changed for the better, forever!
Thank you 🙂
With your support, 2016 proved to be a fantastic year for CCAI! Here are some of the most exciting highlights as we usher in the New Year:
• 467 orphans from five countries found their forever families!!!
• CCAI’s orphanage partnerships increased to 40 orphanages from four Chinese provinces
• CCAI’s charity arm, with the help of our trusting and generous donors, launched 60 projects and invested $903,000, touching the lives of 5,085 orphans
• CCAI’s Charity Team undertook 60 trips to 40 orphanages to provide child care training
• CCAI currently operates seven Lily Orphan Care Centers in China (visit www.ccaifamily.org/OrphanCare/Lily-OrphanCare to learn more about CCAI’s charity efforts)
• 47 older children from 9 orphanages participated in summer and winter hosting programs and had a wonderful time experiencing the love of a family
• CCAI was selected as one of four US adoption agencies to assist CCCWA in finding homes for nearly 2,000 extremely hard-to-place orphans. CCAI sent a team of ten professional photographers to China to photograph and film some of these hard-to-place orphans to help raise awareness
• 112 families (389 individuals, including 158 adoptees) participated in four China Heritage tours, including an invitation by the Chinese government to visit the Great Hall for a grand welcome ceremony
• 306 adoptees from 32 states participated in Adopteen‘s many events (Adopteen Camp-Conference and Retreats, Adoptstronauts Retreat, Adopteen and Adoptween Hangouts, and Adoptees Giving Back Orphanage Service Trip – 2017 trip applications open now atwww.adopteen.org)
• Our Joyous Chinese Cultural Center (JCCC) had a strong year with 210 students and welcomed over 2,000 K-12 students from 30 local schools to participate in 28 China Field Trips
• JCCC’s 2016 Chinese New Year Celebration had an attendance of 900+ (Tickets for 2017 CNY Celebration available now at www.joyouscenter.org)
• CCAI added a new Taiwan adoption program!
Registration is now open for the CCAI 25th anniversary Disney Dream cruise. Don’t miss this trip of a lifetime and book today at dazzlingdestinations.com!
Registration is now open for our class: The Connected Parent
Children with a history of trauma, abuse or neglect need a different type of parenting. The Connected Parent class will help families reach a deeper understanding of their reactions to their children’s behaviors while learning new tools to regulate their feelings so they can respond to their children’s needs. The Connected Parent is an 8 week class designed to:
• Help children heal
• Develop secure attachments
• Empower children to grow
• Discipline effectively while maintaining a connection
The structure of the class is such that parents will receive instruction and support while their children participate in a separate group, also learning many of the techniques in an age appropriate manner.
Cost is $350/Family and registration covers two parents and two children ($50 per additional child; children’s class intended for ages 3-8)
Classes will be held at CCAI in Centennial, Colo. For more information or to register, contact Shelly Burkey at 303-850-9998 x22 or email@example.com.
Has your adoption or foster care left you struggling? Our friends at Hope for Orphans know adoptive and foster families across America that are struggling with children with PTSD, neglect, hurt, and rejection in their past. Many of these families are in full crisis and their church or orphan ministry is not positioned to help. This is why they are excited to announce RootedATX, a conference that has been prayerfully designed for these families. We hope that you can join them on November 6 & 7 in Austin, TX as they seek to equip families to parent their children with the Gospel.
Rooted ATX is presented by Hope for Orphans in partnership with the For the City Network and hosted by Austin Stone Community Church. The conference will be held in Austin, Texas at the Austin Stone Community Church West Campus Ministry Center located in Westlake Hills.
Speakers will include:
• Dr. Larry Bergstrom M.D.: Mayo Clinic
• Jeremy Lelek P.hD.: President of the Association of Biblical Counselors
• Dr. Kevin Peck: Lead Pastor of Austin Stone Community Church
• Pastor Halim Suh: Pastor of Teaching and Theology at Austin Stone Community Church
• Dr. Paul Tripp: Pastor and International Speaker
• Voddie Bauchum: Pastor and Dean of the Seminary at African Christian University
• Jon Bergeron P.hD.: Clinical Psychologist
• Jill Minnix: Women’s Bible Teacher
• Robin Pennington: Hope for Orphans’ Co-founder
We are happy to announce our Post Adoption Center‘s second 8-week class series offering of Parenting the Hurt Child! Our first class will start September 3, 2013 from 5:30pm – 7:30pm. All class sessions will be coordinated in tandem with our children’s nurture group!
Please join us for an incredible 8-week journey of growth and support! This 8-week series will provide you with a lifetime’s worth of tools. It cannot be missed!
Cost is $400 per family for the entire series. For individual class pricing, please check the flyer.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS AUGUST 27, 2013.
Please contact Heather Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
“My daughter used to say ‘I hate you’ to me every day, several times a day. Now she says it hardly at all. When she gets upset, instead of yelling and screaming, she takes a deep breath and says, ‘I need to be respectful’. This has been truly amazing.”
“We’ve already started using some of the principles we’ve learned in the parent’s and children’s classes, and averted 3 behavioral meltdowns in one day!”
“I think the way this class has helped the most is in helping me to see what my son needs the most, and helping to meet those needs. Seeing him through that lens has given me more appreciation for the fact that he doesn’t want to act that way, but he doesn’t know that he has other options. Thank you for that.”
Basics of Infant and Child Attachment
September 3, 2013 5:30-7:30 PM
When Attachment Goes Wrong
September 10, 2013 5:30-7:30 PM
September 17, 2013 5:30-7:30 PM
September 24, 2013 5:30-7:30 PM
Sensory Processing Disorder
October 1, 2013 5:30-7:30 PM
Correcting Principles 101
October 8, 2013 5:30-7:30 PM
Correcting Principles 102
October 15, 2013 5:30-7:30 PM
Applying Principles at Home: Family Nurture Group
October 22, 2013 5:30-7:30 PM
First of all, please help us celebrate the 13 families winding their way through airports today to bring home 15 children! We are so excited to welcome home these families and their precious children.
This past weekend we hosted our first post adoption camp/conference, Parenting the Hurt Child, and it was a great success! While the parents focused on intensive training in Trust Based Relational Intervention®, the kids joined for a camp-style weekend of learning, games, group work, and play. We hope families went home with tools to help their children grow! One parent shared, “I love this class. I wish there was more! If you want to improve your parenting skills, take this class!”
Are you interested in a similar class? Stay tuned for our next 8-week session ofParenting the Hurt Child,planned for this fall. The class is open to all families, whether they adopted through CCAI or not, who are interested in learning more about working with children who have difficult pasts.
We are happy to announce an additional offering of our Post Adoption Center class, Parenting the Hurt Child! The class will be offered as a camp/conference on June 14-15 from 9AM-4PM each day. The class will cover the same information as our 8-week course, and also offer the children’s nurture group!
We hope this shortened version is more accessible to families unable to commit to the longer 8-week program, or unable to make it to our office each week. Cost is $400 per family and the REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 3, 2013.
Please contact Heather Diaz at email@example.com for more information!