Kindly organized by Linda, Kevin, and their wonderful daughters Jasmine and Jenna, over 80 CCAI kids and parents gathered for a fun (and delicious!) brunch in Washington, D.C. on September 30th to meet CCAI President Joshua! Joshua found time from his speaking engagement at the United Chinese American Conference to spend brunch with CCAI families and to hug as many kids as possible. Joshua was so touched by everyone’s praises of CCAI’s service and had such a blast getting to know the energetic, joyful and amazing children. What a beautiful world! Thank you for such a wonderful event!
CCAI Co-founder & President Joshua Zhong was invited as a panelist to speak at the 2018 Chinese American Convention held at Washington, D.C. on September 27-29. Joshua spoke on the History of China’s International Adoption: Past, Present, and Future.
Joshua was delighted to meet with some CCAI families and children at the convention and enjoyed the opportunity to connect with the East Coast community of adoptees and adoptive families – a pleasant rarity!
Below is a CCCWA announcement that was sent to all agencies yesterday, Thursday, December 7, regarding adoptive families’ donations to orphanages at the time of their adoption finalization in China. We have some immediate questions and are communicating with CCCWA and local governments for clarification. We have learned that this announcement has not yet been communicated consistently to every province, so we are working to confirm individually with provinces/orphanages as to when the donation/orphanage fee may still apply. At this time, we would advise families to still be prepared with the orphanage fee, as it may still apply on a case-by-case basis, and we will absolutely keep you informed as we learn more.
We believe that, overall, this announcement is good news for families, financially, although it may not be as positive for orphanages that rely on the “donation” to improve orphan care quality. We will notify families as soon as any additional information is received!
With your passionate giving, we received an incredible $29,600+ in donations from #ColoradoGivesDay alone, beating last year’s numbers by over $10,000!!!
Thank you, from the bottom of our overwhelmed hearts, for choosing CCAI as one of your charities to support. In this season of giving, we know how tight money can be. Words cannot express our gratitude for such an amazing turn out!
Please continue sharing your CCAI stories with friends and family. As the year wraps up, we hope 2017 continues to shatter records in our passionate mission to support our families and the children still waiting for their own forever families.
Colorado Gives Day has arrived! No matter where you are in the world, you can participate in Colorado Gives Day and make your donation go further.
We would be honored if you would keep CCAI in mind when making donations through Colorado Gives, today. In our 25 years of service, CCAI has strived to provide a legacy of vital and unique support for orphanages, children, and families in our adoption community and beyond. This has been possible solely due to the generosity and passion of our donors.
Colorado Gives Day is a day that gives back to all the non-profits in Colorado. Every dollar you give goes further on Colorado Gives Day. For every donation, First Bank matches 10 percent up to $1 million!
So, invite your friends, invite your family, invite that stranger you met at the grocery store…invite everyone! With a little help from our friends, thousands of children’s lives will be changed for the better, forever!
Today, February 28, 2017, CCAI reached the incredibly monumental milestone of 12,000 adoptions!!!
From Lily and Josh’s 200-sqft basement in September 1992 and the first child coming home on Easter Sunday 1994, CCAI has been making history one child at a time over the past nearly-25 glorious years. We give thanks to all our amazing CCAI families who believed and continue to believe in us and entrust us with the incredible blessing to be a part of their families; to the thousands of volunteers across the country who have and continue to faithfully support CCAI’s life-changing mission with time and money; and, most of all, to each and every adopted CCAI child for their unbreakable will to meet life’s toughest challenges and conquer daily adversity with courage, determination and grace.
Do numbers matter? Absolutely! Because each number represents a beautiful and precious life, and it symbolizes victory and hope. Today, we celebrate 12,000 adoptions while keeping those hundreds and thousands of orphans still waiting, in our hearts. Our mission has just begun and it will not finish until the last orphan in the world has found their forever family!!
With your support, 2016 proved to be a fantastic year for CCAI! Here are some of the most exciting highlights as we usher in the New Year:
• 467 orphans from five countries found their forever families!!!
• CCAI’s orphanage partnerships increased to 40 orphanages from four Chinese provinces
• CCAI’s charity arm, with the help of our trusting and generous donors, launched 60 projects and invested $903,000, touching the lives of 5,085 orphans
• CCAI’s Charity Team undertook 60 trips to 40 orphanages to provide child care training
• CCAI currently operates seven Lily Orphan Care Centers in China (visit www.ccaifamily.org/OrphanCare/Lily-OrphanCare to learn more about CCAI’s charity efforts)
• 47 older children from 9 orphanages participated in summer and winter hosting programs and had a wonderful time experiencing the love of a family
• CCAI was selected as one of four US adoption agencies to assist CCCWA in finding homes for nearly 2,000 extremely hard-to-place orphans. CCAI sent a team of ten professional photographers to China to photograph and film some of these hard-to-place orphans to help raise awareness
• 112 families (389 individuals, including 158 adoptees) participated in four China Heritage tours, including an invitation by the Chinese government to visit the Great Hall for a grand welcome ceremony
• 306 adoptees from 32 states participated in Adopteen‘s many events (Adopteen Camp-Conference and Retreats, Adoptstronauts Retreat, Adopteen and Adoptween Hangouts, and Adoptees Giving Back Orphanage Service Trip – 2017 trip applications open now atwww.adopteen.org)
• Our Joyous Chinese Cultural Center (JCCC) had a strong year with 210 students and welcomed over 2,000 K-12 students from 30 local schools to participate in 28 China Field Trips
• JCCC’s 2016 Chinese New Year Celebration had an attendance of 900+ (Tickets for 2017 CNY Celebration available now at www.joyouscenter.org)
• CCAI added a new Taiwan adoption program!
More than 160 civil affairs officials and orphanage directors and managers from the entire Henan Province joined the two-day domestic and international adoption training conference, April 6th – 7th. The important 2016 Henan Annual Adoption Training focused on the well-being and permanency of orphaned children living in the orphanages and other care facilities. CCAI Co-Founders Lily and Joshua, as well as CCAI’s China Charity Director Xia, and three wonderful CCAI parents Suzanne, Rich, and Blair had the opportunity to provide in-depth training in child care, adoption procedure, and post adoption, as well as share the beautiful lives the children and families are living around the world, and express our appreciation for Henan’s partnership in saving lives.
Henan’s officials are all greatly moved by the incredible adoption stories shared by our families and truly appreciate the love that adoptive families shower upon all the children. It was a beautiful conference.
In celebration of International Women’s Day, the CCAI gentlemen presented all of the CCAI ladies with beautiful roses!
Happy International Women’s Day from us to you. We are so blessed to be able to work alongside such incredible women who constantly and persistently imbue such love and light into every day as we continue on this incredible journey of bringing families together! And to all of the mothers, daughters, sisters, grandmothers, and nannies we have been so lucky to know — We celebrate you, today and every day!
A global forum for World Without Orphans welcomed more than 500 delegates from 70 countries on February 11, 2016 in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The four-day conference brought Christian leaders and orphan care organizations together for the first time, to launch a movement for a world without orphans. CCAI’s co-founder and president Joshua Zhong was privileged to attend the conference and witness a global enthusiasm to de-institutionalize orphan care and to seek permanency for all orphaned children. For more information please visit www.worldwithoutorphans.org.