Welcome Home groups 2400 & 2401!!! Eight more precious children were placed in the arms of their forever families! This sweet girl became a cherished daughter and sister on February 20, 2017. The Noble family shared with us about their journey to their daughter Miley Grace:
‘This is what love can do. The first pictures were taken the day we met her and the last one was taken just this week. She has gained 4 lbs., she is smart, spunky, sassy and absolutely adorable! She keeps me on my toes. She let me rock her to sleep for the first time ever and is starting to bond with us all. These kids come from places and situations that we can’t even imagine and it is so hard for them to trust and love. It is hard for everyone involved but it is worth it. Please continue to pray for her heart and ours.’
Welcome Home Miley! We love your sassy smile!!!
Today we wanted to share the Duncan Family’s Adoption Story. The Duncans waited 14 months from the time they submitted their Medical Conditions Checklist until the time they accepted a match with sweet Caroline – definitely a match made in heaven!
“We were pretty certain that we were a “one and done” family after bringing home our amazing Emme Kate, now age 5, in September of 2014 with the help of CCAI. Much to our surprise, that plan went way out the window with a surprising phone call in late spring 2016. That is when we saw the first picture of our newest daughter-to-be. And yesterday we celebrated 2 months since our Sweet Caroline was placed in our arms forever! Caroline was 18 months when we met her and was just the tiniest, most delicate little baby. Her reserved, introverted, and cautious personality aligned with the pictures and updates we received before traveling. We found humor in the irony that she as the exact polar opposite of her big sister who is extroverted and outgoing to a fault.
Over the last 8 weeks, we have had front row seats to Caroline’s awe inspiring transformation. The little girl that would barely crack a smile now laughs, giggles, and grins non stop. The little girl that would cry if anyone other than her mommy would look at her now waves and high fives everyone she meets! And our biggest chuckle is the little girl that loathed baths in China now squeals with delight when bath time rolls around. She is curious, smart, and a joy to watch as she engages with her new world. In addition to her personality blossoming, everyone comments on quickly she is catching up physically. Our first day together, she was drowning in 9 month sized clothing and could not walk without assistance. Just a mere 8 weeks later she has gained 2.5 lbs and grown 1.5 inches and now is a solid walker that is taking on the stairs!! And to add to her sweetness, she’s starting to get just ever the tiniest bit of squishiness.Long story short, she is everything we never knew our family was missing and our lives our greatly blessed with her in it. Thank you CCAI for connecting us with BOTH of our wonderful daughters. And to think we could have missed this if we had held tight to our “one and done” plan. Which is why our verse for this adoption is: “You can make many plans, but the LORD’s purpose will prevail.” Proverbs 19:21 NLT.”
Joyous Chinese Cultural Center
Location: Centennial, CO
Job Title: JCCC Director’s Assistant
Type: Full time
Start Date: Immediate
Company Information: Joyous Chinese Cultural Center (JCCC) is a division of CCAI who has been working in the interest of abandoned Chinese children since 1992. More than 12,000 children have been placed through our adoption programs and tens of thousands more have been reached through the Children’s Charity Fund, providing food, clothing, medical care, education, training and foster care for those left in orphanages. Here in Colorado, our JCCC is the only school of its kind in the country ensuring that adopted Chinese children will have a link to their heritage.
Job Description: To provide administrative support to JCCC’s Director in all JCCC programs and activities. This is a job for someone who has the ability to manage a diverse variety of programs and multitask efficiently. Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese and excellent communication skills in English are a must. We are looking for someone who loves working in a fast-paced team environment and has a passion for helping and teaching children.
- B.A. in Education, Business, Chinese or equivalent
- Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese
- Understanding of Chinese culture
- Familiarity with cross-cultural adoption issues
- Microsoft Office skills
- Personal commitment to and love for children and families
- Willingness to perform tasks on a variety of levels and to be a team-player
- Strength in organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate parents, teachers, and kids
- Ability to read/write Chinese
- Ability to create new content for cultural lesson plans
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency in Windows Live Movie Maker or similar programs
- Knowledge of and/or experience in grant writing
- Teach JCCC language classes, field trips and cultural programs.
- Assist the JCCC Director with JCCC Newsletters and other written materials.
- Be the JCCC Volunteer Coordinator for teens and adults volunteers.
- Assist the JCCC Director with answering phones, emails, JCCC Program Registrations, and Gift Shop sales as needed.
- Assist the JCCC Director in planning and implementing special JCCC events such as our Chinese New Year Celebration, Chinese Cultural Clubs, School Field Trips, Summer Camps, Annual Holiday Sales, Fundraising, Dragon Boat Festival Performances and other events as needed.
- Manage the JCCC/China Charm Gift Shop, from stocking through selling.
- Plan, organize, and manage promotions for JCCC programs to the community at large.
- Assist JCCC staff in maintaining the order and cleanliness of the JCCC facilities including the classrooms, bathrooms, storerooms, and commonly use areas, as needed.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.